Not long ago Airbnb featured a stay at Stu Macher’s house from Scream. Just in time for the Xmas Holiday, you now have a chance to stay in the Chicago set house from the Home Alone. Yep! The house that Kevin McCallister made his very own while his parents were away can be yours for a night. I mean, staying in the house from Home Alone on Christmas night would be the pinnacle of the holidays to be certain.
Airbnb describes the special event like this:
“This season, fans are set to have their dreams come true with an overnight stay in the original Home Alone house. While the McCallisters are away on their annual trip (all of them but the pet tarantula, this time), four guests will get the opportunity to relive their favorite scenes from the holiday classic and let their inner eight-year-olds run free for the evening without the interruption of pesky intruders.”
“Big brother Buzz McCallister will join thousands of Hosts on Airbnb by opening the doors to his family’s Chicago home as the ultimate gift this month. Following the release of Home Sweet Home Alone, the all-new holiday film now streaming on Disney+, this Airbnb stay offers a trip down memory lane and an unforgettable way to celebrate the holidays.”
“You may not remember me as particularly accommodating, but I’ve grown up, and I’d be happy to share my family home – my pizza, even – with you this holiday season. Just try not to let my tarantula, Axl, loose this time.” Buzz stated.
During your stay at the Home Alone house you will enjoy special little moments made up of:
- This holiday season, mischief makers can book a stay in the actual house where the Home Alone story began.
- To celebrate the release of Home Sweet Home Alone, big brother Buzz will host an overnight stay in his childhood home while the McCallisters are away for the holidays.
- A cozy holiday scene with twinkling lights and a perfectly trimmed tree in celebration of the season.
- Booby traps galore (but don’t worry – you’ll be setting them, not sidestepping them!).
- Surprisingly searing splashes of aftershave and ample opportunity to scream into the mirror.
- All the ‘90s favorites their hearts desire, including plenty of Chicago’s finest pizza and a candlelit dinner of microwavable Kraft Macaroni & Cheese.
- A meet and greet with a real-life tarantula.
- A viewing of the film franchise’s newest holiday adventure, Home Sweet Home Alone.
- A LEGO Ideas Home Alone set to take and build at home.
You can begin booking the Home Alone house on December 7 at 1 p.m. central. One time proceeds go to La Rabida’s Children’s Hospital. Head over here to book.