Even though some people weren’t able to go out for Halloween this year, one California neighborhood got a treat of sorts. A family, inspired by Disneyland’s Pirates of the Caribbean, made a realistic mock inferno of their house. So realistic that people have called 911 to report a fire.
The Huffington Post reports that Carmen and Travis Long of Riverside were paying tribute to the famous Disney attraction for Halloween, especially the scene in which the pirates ransack a village then set it aflame.
SCARY-GOOD DECORATIONS: One family’s ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’-themed Halloween decorations are SO lifelike, passers-by are calling 911! pic.twitter.com/RJKaKPvos0
— ABC World News Now (@abcWNN) October 13, 2020
The faux inferno has sparked many a concern and the Longs have had to pre-emptively alert authorities so they don’t rush out in vain. This has been an ongoing project says one of the homeowners; one that has just gotten bigger and bigger.
“We’ve been adding things every year,” said Carmen Long. “It started with just skeletons, then we added a cannon in the back and the ship, the pretend fire on the side.”
The site has been a sightseeing destination for hundreds who come out to see the spectacle for themselves. Even firefighters have given the exhibit their vote of approval; high-fiving the creators for a job well done.
Some may question the decision to create such a presentation because devastating wildfires have ravaged the state all year.
But, this isn’t the only Halloween array that has prompted neighborly concerns of bad taste and calls to the authorities. One man in Texas decided to turn his front yard into a bloodbath which disturbed his neighbors enough that the police were called more than once.
Title photo: KABC
Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey – Extended Clip
Brace yourselves, Disney fans! The sweet and lovable Winnie the Pooh takes a dark turn in the latest extended scene of Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey.
Pooh, with his mouth drooling with sticky honey, transforms into a ruthless tormentor, the sounds of whipping and screaming fill this just released clip.
Send the kiddos to another room, this one is going to be a wild ride! Watch the clip below:
The much-anticipated Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey is hitting theaters on February 15th, and it’s shaping up to be one wild ride.
With word of mouth spreading faster than a stampede of heffalumps, the film’s 1-day theatrical run has been extended to a nine-day theater release, set to be shown in over 1,500 theaters nationwide.
The buzz is so strong that the studio behind the project is already planning a sequel, greenlighting it before any box office numbers even come in. The film’s official Twitter page made the announcement with the tantalizing caption “More blood. More honey”.
They also released a teaser poster featuring Winnie-The-Pooh 2, front and center, with a tagline that reads “Friends will gather… to take revenge”. Get ready to be lured into the world of Winnie the Pooh like never before.
Keanu Reeves Will Return As ‘Constantine’ in Sequel Directed by Francis Lawrence
Keanu Reeves will finally return as John Constantine in a film directed by Francis Lawrence once again. Deadline reports that the new film has been given the greenlight. The first film came out back in 2005 and introduced a very different version of DC’s Hellblazer John Constantine.
Keanu Reeves offered his first public comments regarding Constantine 2 going into development under Warner Bros since its announcement last year.
Reeves explained just how much he loved playing the role in the first movie, joking that he was similar to the titular character from Oliver Twist in asking the studio “Can I please have some more?”
“I don’t know if it was unfinished business but it was definitely a role that I loved. And I thought that Francis Lawrence, the director, did such amazing work. I loved playing that character, and I really enjoyed the film. I was like, [adopts Oliver Twist voice] ‘Can I please have some more?'”
This apparently became a regular conversation between Reeves and Warner Bros., with the studio regularly saying no to his requests:
“I kept asking almost every year. I’d be like, ‘Can I please?’ [and] they’d be like, ‘No, no!'”
Once the studio finally said “sure” and greenlit the sequel, Reeves and his team quickly got to work and are now “just starting to try and put a story together.”
Reeves was unable to contain his excitement, making it clear that he’s going to “try [his] darndest to try and realize that dream” of making this movie even with all the obstacles in the way:
“So it’s exciting. It’s almost like an open playground that we can hopefully cook something up and play in, and I guess get out of the playground and prepare a meal. But I’m looking forward to it, and hopefully it can happen. You don’t know how these things go. But I’m definitely going to try my darndest to try and realize that dream.”
The Constantine sequel will be directed by Lawrence and produced by Bad Robot with JJ Abrams and Hannah Minghella. Plus, Akiva Goldsmith is set to write.
Over the years since the release of 2005’s Constantine, Matt Ryan played a very authentic version of the blonde, British demonologist for a shortlived NBC series. Ryan has also given the character voice in animated films as well as portrayed the character in spinoffs to other DC worlds such as Legends of Tomorrow.
The synopsis for Constantine went like this:
As a suicide survivor, demon hunter John Constantine (Keanu Reeves) has literally been to hell and back — and he knows that when he dies, he’s got a one-way ticket to Satan’s realm unless he can earn enough goodwill to climb God’s stairway to heaven. While helping policewoman Angela Dodson (Rachel Weisz) investigate her identical twin’s apparent suicide, Constantine becomes caught up in a supernatural plot involving both demonic and angelic forces. Based on the DC/Vertigo “Hellblazer” comics.
Over the years we have heard buzz about a possible Constantine sequel several times, with no actual flame behind the sparks. So, it is definitely exciting to see the film actually moving forward.
Stay tuned for more Keanu Constantine details.
Blumhouse’s Five Nights at Freddy’s Has Begun Filming
Filming for the highly anticipated Blumhouse production of Five Nights at Freddy’s has officially begun! A sneak peek photo posted by Blum himself reveals that the flick is being shot under the oh-so-delicious faux title of Bad Cupcake. Yum!
We’re ready for a horror-filled romp with Matthew Lillard (Thir13en Ghosts, Scream). He’s one of our favorite people to watch, and we can’t wait to see what he brings to the film!
Joining him is none other than Josh Hutcherson (Tragedy Girls) and Mary Stuart Masterson (Skin). Emma Tammi (The Wind) is directing this horror-themed video game adaptation, with the team from Jim Henson’s Creature Shop conjuring up the evil animatronics. We can’t wait to see the nightmare fuel this team brews up!
The new film will follow a troubled security guard as he begins working at Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza. While spending his first night on the job, he realizes the night shift at Freddy’s won’t be so easy to make it through.
We’re happy to see production underway and look forward to seeing some BTS clips soon!