Hands Down, Thing Addams ASMR Video is a Great Sleep Aid
Now that Netflix’s Wednesday has beaten out Stranger Things 4 as the most-watched English language series in a single week, we thought we would help relax your binge-trodden eyes for a night of relaxing sleep.
The mystery comedy series starring Jenna Ortega as the titular goth girl turned detective, debuted on Netflix on November 23. Since then it has garnered over 341.23M views in just under a week.
But for every great detective, there is a great sidekick, and Wednesday Addams has hands-down the best assistant any sleuth could ask for: Thing.
Thing is the expressive disembodied hand that joins Wednesday during her stay at the Nevermore Academy for outcasts. Sent there by her parents, Morticia and Gomez, after a piranahs-in-the-pool incident at her former “normie” high school, Wednesday is determined to escape. That is until strange deaths begin to happen around the campus grounds. Our horror heroine is determined to find out who is behind them.
As her dutiful assistant, Thing helps with reconnaissance and protection, even serving as cupid to Wednesday’s blackened heart.
YouTube’s Made in France ASMR has created a video starring Thing as the audio/visual stimulant to ease your heart rate.
Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR) is a technique that uses sound and visuals to help stimulate tactile sensations. The therapy hasn’t been thoroughly studied, but a lot of users swear by its benefits.
Made in France ASMR, aka Maxence Rodier, is a YouTube channel devoted to this therapy, making cosplay the primary mode of influence. With videos titled “The Tingle Doctor,” “The Tingler Tailor,” and “The Tingler Dealer,” Rodier uses softly amplified organic sounds to lull your unrested heart.
“My name is Maxence and I am a french male filmmaker doing ASMR videos since 2014,” his bio reads. “All my studies on cinematographic and sound design allow me to produce the best sounds & visuals I can to relax you, help you sleep & dreaming, and I hope, to trigger your ASMR tingles.”
One of his more popular videos is of him playing Harry Potter writing in Voldemort’s journal.
His Thing video has already garnered over 204K views since October 30.
Nick Groff Reveals “Truth” Behind ‘Ghost Adventures’ & Zak Bagans
It could be argued that the American paranormal documentary and reality TV phenomenon started with Ghost Adventures back in 2004 when then-unknown investigator Zak Bagans and his team filmed a documentary that allegedly revealed actual footage of paranormal activity on camera. That movie wouldn’t become widely available to viewers until it aired on the SyFy (nee Sci-Fi) Channel in 2007.
The movie, titled Ghost Adventures, inspired a television reality show of the same name that premiered on a different network, The Travel Channel, in 2008.
It must be noted that the hugely popular paranormal investigation reality show Ghost Hunters was already a mainstay on SyFy since 2004 and would go on to span 11 seasons.
Since then both original shows have found new life on Discovery+ with each brand having spin-offs and new seasons.
Lately, Ghost Adventures has become the topic of rumors and harsh accusations, especially against its host Zak Bagans. From allegations of career sabotage to being hard to work with, Bagans has recently been vilified by some people formerly on his team.
One of the original creators of Ghost Adventures, Nick Groff went on Twitter this week to speak about his former business partner, and let’s just say Bagans didn’t fare well. Groff doesn’t mention Bagans by name in the video, he often refers to him vaguely, as in, “the host who I was working with.”
IT’S TIME FOR THE TRUTH pic.twitter.com/9BXKieDzVZ— Nick Groff (@NickGroff_) March 19, 2023
To be fair, the paranormal behind-the-scenes drama is really nothing compared to the success that the original Ghost Adventures team wrought. Since Bagans was the face of the show (and still is), and apparently a sex symbol in that field, it was mostly his persona that propelled the brand into reality stardom.
That isn’t to say no one else from his team didn’t work hard to make the show as iconic as it is, Groff even says he helped come up with the name. But comparatively, Bagans is like the lead singer of a rock band and his investigators just aren’t as visible.
However, Groff, having gone solo, is himself a pop culture favorite. His show Paranormal Lockdown, which he executive produced, found a huge following. Many fans were upset that it ended in 2019 as you will see in his Twitter Q&A above.
Tell us what you think of this reality drama in the comments.
‘Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2’ Comes to Brilliant 4K UHD From Vinegar Syndrome
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 is on its way to us from Vinegar Syndrome. The new release comes with an entire heck load of special features to boot. From new interviews with Tom Savini to Caroline Williams and more the disc is loaded with all kinds of new features to dig into. Of course, the new collection also made sure to include all the previously released special features. This makes for one hell of an absolutely complete collection.
The entire Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 experience on its own is a brilliant one. Director, Tobe Hooper took things in a vastly different level from that of the first film. Gone are the greasy, dirty, sweat-drenched Texas summers with the underlined stench of a cattle feed lot. Instead, Hooper went in a direction that underlined a comicbookish feel to the characters and the evil undeground lair in which The Saw and The Family took to hiding. It isn’t a direction everyone woul have gone with but Hooper wasn’t everyone and his brilliance shined through immensely with this gigantic choice.
The Vinegar Syndrome Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 special features include:
- 4K Ultra HD / Region A Blu-ray Set
- 4K UHD presented in High-Dynamic-Range
- Newly scanned & restored in 4K from its 35mm original camera negative
- Presented with it’s original 2.0 stereo theatrical mix
- Brand new audio commentary with film critic Patrick Bromley
- Audio commentary with director Tobe Hooper
- Audio commentary with actors Bill Moseley, Caroline Williams and special effects makeup creator Tom Savini
- Audio commentary with director of photography Richard Kooris, production designer Cary White, script supervisor Laura Kooris and property master Michael Sullivan
- “The Saw and Savini” – a brand new 2022 interview with special effects makeup creator Tom Savini
- “Stretch Lives!” – a brand new 2022 interview with actress Caroline Williams
- “Serving Tom” – a brand new 2022 interview with special makeup effects artist Gabe Bartalos
- “Remember The Alamo” – a brand new 2022 interview with actor Kirk Sisco
- “Texas Blood Bath” – a brand new 2022 interview with special makeup effects artist Barton Mixon
- “Die Yuppie Scum” – a brand new 2022 interview with actor Barry Kinyon
- “Leatherface Revisited” – a brand new 2022 interview with actor Bill Johnson
- “Beneath The Battle Land: Remembering The Lair” – a brand new 2022 featurette with actors Caroline Williams, Barry Kinyon, Bill Johnson, and Kirk Sisco
- Never-before-seen extended interviews with director Tobe Hooper and co-producer Cynthia Hargrave – from director Mark Hartley’s documentary “Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films”
- “It Runs In The Family” – an 85-minute documentary on the making of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
- “IRITF Outtakes” – extended interviews with L.M. Kit Carson and Lou Perryman
- “House Of Pain” – an interview with makeup effects artists John Vulich, Bart Mixon, Gabe Bartalos and Gino Crognale
- “Yuppie Meat” – an interview with actors Chris Douridas and Barry Kinyon
- “Cutting Moments” – an interview with editor Alain Jakubowicz
- “Behind The Mask” – an interview with stunt man and Leatherface performer Bob Elmore
- “Horror’s Hallowed Grounds” – a featurette on the locations of the film
- “Still Feelin’ The Buzz” – an interview with author and film historian Stephen Thrower
- 43 minute behind-the-scenes video footage shot during the film’s production
- Alternate Openingl
- Deleted Scenes
- Original theatrical trailers for U.S. and Japan
- TV Spots
- Extensive promotional still and image gallery
- Reversible cover artwork
- English SDH subtitles
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 is coming to 4K UHD from Vinegar Syndome. Head over HERE to place your order before they are all gone. (They are selling out fast!)
‘Bambi’ Meets ‘Apocolypse Now’ Fever Dream ‘Unicorn Wars’ Coming to Blu-Ray
Director, Alberto Vázquez brings the animated fever dream Unicorn Wars to life in a must-see spectacle and surprisingly heavy political statement. Fantastic Fest 2022 selected Unicorn Wars as part of its programming and it didn’t let down in the heavy genre fest. The film which is best described as Apocalypse Now meets Bambi is an incredible film with surprisingly heavy drama for being such a squishy, and happy animation style. That juxtaposition makes for an incredible and singular viewing. Luckily for us, the radical experience is coming to Blu-Ray from G Kids and Shout! Factory.
The synopsis for Unicorn Wars goes like this:
For ages, teddy bears have been locked in an ancestral war against their sworn enemy, the unicorns, with the promise that victory will complete the prophecy and usher in a new era. Aggressive, confident teddy bear Bluet and his sensitive, withdrawn brother Tubby could not be more different. As the rigors and humiliation of teddy bear bootcamp turn to the psychedelic horrors of a combat tour in the Magic Forest, their complicated history and increasingly strained relationship will come to determine the fate of the entire war.
Unicorn Wars Bonus Features
- Interview with the director Alberto Vásquez
- “Working in Blender” featurette
- Feature-length animatic
Unicorn Wars arrives on Blu-Ray beginning May 9. Are you excited about the insanely over-the-top experience? Let us know in the comments section.