The ‘Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me‘ soundtrack is getting the Mondo treatment. The film will celebrate its 25th anniversary with a much deserved, well-paired cherry pie colored vinyl.
Angelo Badalamenti’s otherworldly score is synonymous with director, David Lynch’s haunting vision.
“Fire Walk With Me is an altogether more brooding affair than the Twin Peaks series soundtrack. Badalamenti won a grammy for the title track of this LP and it’s not hard to see why – it’s dangerous, and bursting with smokey jazz thanks to Jimmy Scott. We went back to the master tapes in the Warner Archives and had this recut to fit across two LPs as the score clocks in at 51 minutes. It sounds incredible and punchy, but super nuanced too,” said Mondo Record Label Manager Spencer Hickman.
Along with the special vinyl release, Alamo Drafthouse is holding special 25th anniversary screenings for the film.
This release pairs perfectly with the coffee colored vinyl for last years ‘Twin Peaks’ Mondo release. These vinyls are the very thing that Agent Cooper himself would consider “Damn Fine.”
- Director-approved artwork
- Composer-approved audio
- Sleeve notes By film critic Mark Kermode
- Vinyl re-master by Tal Miller at Warner Archives
- Laquers cut by David Cheppa at Plush Vinyl
- 2 x 180G Cherry Pie vinyl
- 425gsm Gatefold sleeve housed inside a bespoke black die cut outer jacket with black spot varnish finish, complete with obi strip.
The ‘Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me’ soundtrack will be available to purchase on Jan. 25 over at mondotees.com.